Thursday, December 6, 2007

Reliving the classics

You all know the infamous scene from the movie The Sandlot where Ham teaches Smalls how to correctly execute the perfect smore, well that about how it went down when Shox explained to all the newbies how to work the biscuit over the flame.

Procedures, as follows:
1. Butter the Doughie stick (but not too much or the biscuit will melt into the flame)
2. Take a Grands biscuit and cover the tip of the stick being careful not to poke through the biscuit
3. Roast the biscuit
4. After the biscuit is brown, you pull the biscuit off the end
5. Fill with all sorts of delightful fillings (apple, cherry, raspberry, peach, whip)
6. Then you stuff!

I had 2. But I heard a rumor of some ΑΓΩ guys forcing LV and Couture to eat like 9. That's straight savagery!! It is so true though that you truly have not experienced life until you've experienced the Doughie.

But on to more important things such as God loving you, you, you, yes you, and me too! Burton spoke the word of God like a true pro. It was incredibly encouraging and if I can say so myself, I see potential as a future Chaplin. Anyway, he spoke on the fact that we all have talents and that we shouldn't put them to waste. "Too Busy to Talk, No Time to Walk" is what he labeled his message and it was so appropriate. We spend so much time putting God off til it is convenient for us then get all pissed when he doesn't make our plans work the way we want. You all know the cop-out prayer: "Hey God, [yawn] it's bed time and I just thought I'd say what's up. Hook me up with a sweet grade on my final. I'll....uh....make some legit time for you tomorrow...I guess unless something else comes up. Peace! I mean, Amen" Get real people!! Wake-up! Spend some time with God, he is your creator and the lover of your soul. I highly recommend that you take Burton's "homework assignment" to heart. Grab a piece of paper and write "God, let's talk" on it. Put that paper somewhere you can see it, then make an effort to go to God before continuing with whatever you were just about to do. I imagine it will be incredibly beneficial.

Besides almost getting shut down by the fire department and blazing embers almost lighting some ladies lovely locks on fire, it was a drama free evening. That is, until we all returned to ΑΓΩ and the coveted Nativity was thieved! Oh, you saucy little Omega girls. Yikes. That is as far as I'll go with that. Serious payback is eminent. Brace yourselves!

Contemplating that perfect place to execute my "homework assignment"
Italia 92D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ode to the DOUGHIE! A rather special night for more reasons than one.

Anonymous said...

So i wasnt there but i heard about the nativity getting stolen...wow um...i dont even live in the house yet but im scared to death of what those boys are gonna do to get us back (i mean they do have several pranks to get us back on)...yikes