Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Great Gatsby Affair

Well done, Tropi. It was a night well worth remembering.

Everyone was looking fabulous in their 20's garb, I had a few personal favorites. Best dressed ΑΔΧ girl goes to Madagascar (loved the wig), Versace (loved the feather), and one of our Alumni, Kiwi (loved the wig and feather!). For the boys, definitely our sweetheart Blitz, Shox, and Marmot (those were some hot shoes!). After the initial mingling and rampant photo taking we cozied ourselves up to the dinner table. My very own pledge sis caused the waitress to drop like four plates of food so my dinner was slightly delayed but when I finally got that steak, I indulged. It was almost as rare as having good pl*dge entertainment, I'm talking bloody! Nonetheless fantastic, as were those delightful little chocolates that didn't make it past the 1st course.

We added some new names to the ΑΔΧ hall of fame last night. Blitz walked away with ΑΔΧ sweetheart, tswana was our daisy, LV did the school thing and was awarded the scholarship honor, Venetian became the newest Pearl of ΑΔΧ, and queen of all social faux pas' for the semester, our one and only Kix, ball bustin' since fall 2007. Kix followed up with a speech and then we moved on to pl*dge entertainment. I came to banquet optimistic but I was promptly let down. The ideas were all there but the execution was flawed. If by the grace of God, you pl*dges become active you can attempt to redeem yourselves at retreat. My moment of glory came with big sis paddles. Holla Back! The pl*dges did an excellent job on those. Props to luganda, that skateboard was sick!

The evening was top notch. I sat at a table with some of the most fabulous people of this century, easily. Nothing beats coming together for some good pickin's and great company.

Looking forward to tonight, you know you want my white elephant gift!
Italia 92D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget your spectacular hair!! I must say you certainly rocked the bob quite well ;]

What a night.