Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dancing into 2008

To the classic beats of Sactown Sounds and cider in hand, we counted down the new year.

There was a handful of us Delta ladies up at Castle de Kix and we brought down the house. The pomegranate cocktail mix and ginger ale overfloweth from our cups and the unlimited Moose Munch kept up our sugar high up. A group of us found our way into the living room to play Catchphrase after an enthusiastic, "YES! Lets!" from Kendra inspired us to do so. For some reason still unknown to myself the buzzer always seemed to go off in my hands but I made up for it with my uncanny knowledge of unusual phrases like "slight of hand" and "play it again, Sam." I have a way with words, what can I say? The best were Madgas going absolutely nuts for "finger in pie," the fist raising "we shall overcome" and "Simba!" being screamed when someone gave the clue of "the King's son." We proceeded to dance, dance, dance to tunes like "YMCA," "We Are Family," and "Beat It," not to mention we executed a perfect Macarena and Cha-Cha Slide. It was good times all around and the girls that stayed the night quite potentially got a ride in Kik's (Kix's brother) pimped out golf cart. I kid you not Xhibit, himself, would be proud.

If those of you who stayed behind in San Diego have a sweet New Year's Eve story and want it posted here, let me know.

Embracing the New Year. Look for my ΑΔΧ resolutions coming soon.
Italia 92D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESsssss!
Best news years ever!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like quite the bash kixies!

well i wasn't in sunny d, but i spent my new years in japan with karaoke mic in hand. according to a group of locals i throw down my jūhachiban with power! what exactly is this you ask? it's a karaoke term for those who have a song they are especially good at. my force to reckon with was don't stop believin' by journey ;]