Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pref & Broomball

The week culinated with one of the best events in food at ΑΔΧ. Preference Dinner is a time when we invite all of the pledge hopefuls over for a delicious dinner. Our Cooking Queen Sandlot russled up a fantastic meal complete with spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, ceasar salad and brownies a la mode. I just realized that I was salivating as I typed that sentence. I'm hungry. Chanel and her groupies set up the Omega backyard so beautifully with tea lights and tiki torches. Apparently, the torches were just a tad too close for comfort as one of our JA's, Zarma, bumped into one and lit her hair on fire! Luckily, Serendipity saved the day as she dumped the whole contents of an ice chest over Zarma's head! At least that's what I was told. My hero.

The only thing on par with ΑΔΧ/ΑΓΩ bowling is ΑΔΧ/ΑΓΩ broomball. This semester we road tripped all the way out to the Iceoplex in Escondido, which just made for even more fun. Some ladies from ΓΦΒ tagged along as well as hunky ΑΓΩ men in the making from San Marcos. In true ΑΔΧ girls-just-want-to-have-fun fashion we orchestrated a parking lot girl power dance party to none other than the Spice Girls and the Genie in a Bottle, herself, Christina Aguilara out of Gucci's car and a little Fergalicious out of Luganda's car. Dark Shoes dominated the Light Shoes as always since I've been playing, unfortunately we had to add Reed (ΑΓΩ) to the injured list as he took a stick to the face. Pray for a speedy healing. MVP's of the game had to go to Luxor, Maverick and Metro for the Light Shoes and Shox, Titan and Nikko for the Dark Shoes. While everyone nurses their brused tailbones and kneecaps to health, I'll be trying to sleep away this 24 hour flu. It got me too.

San Marcos isn't that far from here right? Just wondering.
Italia 92D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bust! So wish I could have been there!!

Timothy Vincent Dombrowski said...

hipocracy!!!