Saturday, February 16, 2008

Active Bonding + Mustang's Bridal Shower

Pizookies, lukewarm Spas, sweats and KARAOKE!!! All the things that make a night of active bonding complete. As I watched a slideshow of Joe Noname's family vacation I had the joy of hearing the voices of angels belt out songs from Britney Spears to Aha to Blink 182 to Madonna to The Beatles and every song in the book by Queen. I couldn't help but wonder, 'What would Simon Cowell think?' I considered something along the lines of his eyes melting and his ears bleeding as he ran down the block screaming in horror. Now that's what I call a darn good time.

Apparently, www.leadsinger.com felt entitled to give a score and a snide comment at the end of every song. There were a range of scores from 0 all the way to 70 and comments like, "Try singing next time" or "Give a little more effort." Psh, girl's faces were red from laughing and dancing so hard, the whole room erupted in song I think the earth shook. You just can't bring us down www.leadsinger.com! Karaoke and the evening concluded with that delightful little ditty from Queen known as Bohemian Rhapsody sung by none other than Queen enthusiasts Madagascar, Corvette and Serendipity. Longest song anyone could sing for karaoke but they belted it out like champs and moshed like some too! Susu took a chance on a love song which equally made us cry from laughter as well as melted our hearts and Moulin Rouge didn't leave without singing her movie's theme song, Lady Marmalade. Nicely done, Jumanji. If this is the kind of quality social event you put together then I think 3 events shall just be a minimum!

Moulin Rouge, Jaguar and Miata invited us all over to the Alpha house this afternoon for a lovely Bridal Shower in our beloved Mustang's honor. Everyone looked absolutely stunning in thier sweet little summer dressed and bold prints. Of course I didn't pay attention to the wardrobe memo and slopped the whole event up wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Anyway, we all had the chance to become wedding dress designers and the material of choice was none other than single ply toilet paper. Sounds about right, poor college students can't be making dresses out of the Charmin triple ply. Especially when you are only going to wear the dress once. Can I get an Amen? The winning team constructed a simple yet elegant long dress with bows at the straps and a long flowing veil. Jumanji was the beaming bride and her design entourage consisted of Susu, Tswana, Venetian and Zulu. I really think Dior and I had a chance but our bride (Eclipse) got cold feet and ran for the hills. Go figure.

I was really beginning to feel at home in my old age and orthopedic shoes when we started to play Bingo. You needed 5 wedding terms in a row and those young whipper snappers Corvette, Bemba and Louis Vuitton stole the prize right out from under me. However, I knew I had it in the bag though when Moulin Rouge announced the final game was a "Who Knows Mustang the Best?" quiz. Wrong again. Eclipse's and Flamingo's scores of 26 1/2 and 26, respectively, blew my measly 21 out of the water. I say, unfair housemate advantage! The gifts were great. She received a cool picture frame, a coffee lover's clock, some kitchen accessories, a set of Chi class pledge mom letters, a Newlywed's Cookbook and a charming little pink pig humidifier among other things. I heard the pink pig is going to win tons of points with her fiance, Scrum (ΑΓΩ). The soiree lasted just the right time leaving just enough time to watch The Princess Bride after.

The Lovely Bride and 3 of her Bridesmaids

Keep your calendar open for March 8th. Pencil in Eclipse's Bridal Shower. Invitations to come.

The day is still young. Check back later for a special event post. Also, pics will be posted as soon as I get my hot little hands on them!
Italia 92D

0 comments: